So it takes a lot to impress me with the deals available on a credit card. However, the Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa card is offering what amounts to an $1800 credit in exchange for a $450 annual fee. You should absolutely do your own research before applying, but that deal is almost too good to be true.
This is clearly intended as a credit card for folks who travel and eat out a lot, but at Dine Drink Travel that’s kinda what we do. The downsides of this card are that it has a $450 annual fee and that it apparently has pretty high credit criteria. However, if you spend $4000 in the first 3 months you get 100,000 reward points. Rewards points can be redeemed for 1.5 cents each on pretty much any travel item (rental cars, hotels, flights, etc) you desire, so that makes those worth $1500. That is a lot more than $450, at least to my simple brain. Annual benefits (the first of which gets me to the $1800 figure):
- You get a $300 per year travel credit to use as you will. That goes an awfully long way to covering the $450 fee on an ongoing basis.
- Priority Pass Select membership. While not the greatest lounge network in the world– it even excludes some Priority Pass lounges– it is nice to have in most major airports.
- 3 points per dollar on travel AND RESTAURANTS. When redeemed for travel, that amounts to a 4.5 percent rebate on an ongoing basis.
- 1 point (1.5 cents) per dollar on everything else.
- Global Entry fee credit, point transfer to several other programs, and other goodies.
Do your own due diligence, but this is definitely worth looking into.