Many of the passengers cruising out of Galveston drive to get there. That is why the cruise lines expanded out of Florida in the first place- they wanted locations that were easier for more passengers to get to. That means you need a place to put your car, and the official cruise terminal parking isn’t always the nest option. For our cruises in 2015 and in 2017, we used Galveston Park N Cruise. It is right across the street from the terminal, it offers indoor parking, and it is really, really easy to deal with.
Galveston Park N Cruise isn’t the cheapest option on the island. It also isn’t particularly expensive, and the link above will provide you with their current details. As a bonus, this is one of those times you get what you pay for. Some things to note:
- You absolutely need to reserve it in advance. They sell out, and you are rolling the dice if you drive up on the day of the cruise hoping for the best.
- Drive past the night before if you can to make sure you can find it since it is hidden on a very small street in an old warehouse.
- Print out a copy of the reservation just in case.
- If you are physically able, the easiest thing to do is to just park and carry your bags across the street. It is really that close.
- Space can be a little tight. The picture below shows one of the entrances.
We like this option very much for parking by the cruise pier in Galveston. As a final bonus, it makes disembarking from the ship SO MUCH EASIER. You simply keep carrying your bags, get in the car, and go on your way rather than searching and waiting for your shuttle. Happy cruising!